Monday, September 22, 2008

Hartselle Depot Days

It was pouring rain when I was unloading and I just assumed it was going to be a complete washout. That is what assuming gets you and I learned from one very wise person (my step-father Eddie), that if you listen to the weather man, you won't get anywhere. Thank goodness I don't watch the forecast anymore. I used to live by it and would be miserable all week. Now, I just enjoy working and getting ready for the next wonderful show!
Hartselle was wonderful and the hospitality there is amazing! I just loved everyone I met! I look forward to next year!
Each show holds wonderful hidden lessons for me and sometimes I do not feel like going. It seems like it would be so much easier to stay home, because doing these things by yourself can be a little touch, especially if they are long. I didn't know how I was going to make it on Saturday as I was exhausted when I got there at 6 am and knowing I was going to have to stay until 7 pm was almost too much. Just the fellowiship of everyone around and everyone who bought from me gave me the most wonderful energy. I just wanted to thank you all! When I do the "I don't feel like its", it is my doorway into Narnia (or a new way of life and looking at things). I know I will shortchange myself if I take the easy way out, as I always did in my previous life. There are so many things we never knew we never knew. Have a wonderful "light-hearted" day!
me

2 comments:

AR said...

So glad that you had a good adventure at Depot Days and my friend loved her b-day gift. I got so many compliments on my piece today.

Jennifer said...

Yes....AR's friend did LOVE her gift...I'm that friend:) I hate that I didn't get to see your pieces while you were in Hartselle...cute...cute stuff!!!