Monday, September 8, 2008

This past weekend

Hi! I have to say that to everyone who came by at Santuck this weekend, I had so much fun talking with you all! You are all such a blessing to me. This was my first time by myself at Santuck EVER and it was absolutely magical. Everyone was so kind and supportive. You all are just a pleasure to have around.

I have to say that the ceramic jewelry is such a symbolic idea in my life. I start it from dirt, clay, and then form it. The clay just goes with the flow, taking the shape I give it. Then, after it is dry, I fire it so hot, and then I add the bright colors, which are dull at first, but when fired again, at another extremely hot temperature, it turns gorgeous, just like glass, and with such a breathtaking shine! Of course, it wouldn't be the same without a bit of sense of humor added to it (or maybe a lot more than a bit!)
Aren't we all clay in the Potter's hands? It just makes the firey times more hopeful to see that the end result is absolutely breathtaking. I just hope I can remember this in the middle of the tears that fall, as it is harder to hang on to in the darkest (and hottest) times! I do have to end this thought with the fact that I do know the Potter has to have an amazing sense of humor also, and just a divine chuckle most of the time :)!

No comments: